When it comes to family and newborn photography, the clothing choices you make can play a big role in the overall success of your session. The right wardrobe can help you look and feel your best, while also complementing the style and aesthetic of the session. This is why I’ve create a client wardrobe, where Moms can borrow a dress for their session from our closet. I want to make is as easy as possible for you, so I take care of everything.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss some tips for choosing the perfect wardrobe for your family and newborn photography session, as well as some stores that we recommend for moms to shop for their photography session.
Tips for Choosing the Perfect Wardrobe:
- Choosing colors: When choosing colors for your outfits I recommend selecting softer, lighter tones and more muted shades. By avoiding ultra-bright, bold colors, it will help bring all the attention to your faces and let the eye focus on the way you feel about each other. I love shades of soft pink and muted blues, mixed with light neutrals like heather gray, creams, leather brown and white.
- Coordinate, don’t match: As you’re coordinating your outfits, keep in mind that your outfits will look the most cohesive on camera when the color palette coordinate, but don’t necessarily “match”. Choose a color scheme that complements each other’s outfits, or choose a few key pieces that tie your outfits together.
- Choose comfortable clothing: While it’s important to look your best for your photography session, it’s also important to choose clothing that is comfortable and easy to move around in. Avoid wearing clothing that is too tight, or too loose.
Stores We Recommend for Moms to Shop for their Photography Session:
- Nothing Fits But: I have only had compliments about these dresses. Breezy, comfy, stretchy with a unique look, these are my go-to for maternity and newborn sessions. They add such a beautiful statement to your session and are flattering to every body type, which is perfect for expecting mothers and post partum bodies.
- Morning Lavender : Another favorite of mine, and you’ll find lots a Morning Lavender dresses in my closet, ML offers stylish dresses, tops and bottoms, all with a feminine flair and sophisticated style. They also offer a range of accessories, such as shoes, bags, and jewelry, to complete your photography session look.
- Baltic Born: Baltic Born offers a range of high-quality and stylish clothing options for moms. Maternity friendly, size inclusive, and incredible quality styles for every stage of life. A pick me up dress to make you feel as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside!
In conclusion, choosing the perfect wardrobe for your family and newborn photography session can help you look and feel your best, while also giving you the most beautiful results for your forever memories. By following these tips and shopping at some of our recommended stores, you can create a beautiful and cohesive look for your photography session that you’ll cherish for years to come.
Are you looking to hire your forever family photographer? I offer maternity, lifestyle newborn, and family photography and capture organic, timeless and heartwarming images for the sentimental moms. My clients love that not only do they get digital files from their session, but also artwork to display in their home. Be sure to find out more about my sessions by clicking here!
Stress-free family photos from a Miami Baby Photographer
Hey there, thank you for stopping by! I’m Kamy, owner of Kamy Photographie! I’m a Miami maternity photographer and I specialize in documenting motherhood and the early years. I hope you liked reading my blog post “Stress-free family photos from a Miami Baby Photographer” and found it useful! If you’d like to talk with me or contact me about booking a family or maternity photo shoot, let’s connect! I’d love to create your little story! If you’re not ready yet, but know you want to keep me in your back pocket, follow me and let’s be friends on Instagram!